Searching for Information about D

chris_h chris_h_member at pathlink.com
Sat Apr 1 15:50:09 PST 2006

Hi!

I'm new to D and have had real trouble finding information from Google.  "D
programming Language", "D language", "D programming", "Digital Mars" and related
combinations all throw up different clusters of results, making it hard work to
search as each combination must be tried in addition to the keywords for what I
want to know about (which themselves may require several combinations).  It is
not possible to enter the terms without quotes, of course, because the meaning
of the 'D' gets lost.

This subject has been raised before here:
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/28642.html
But no conclusion was reached, (possibly because the original poster suggested
changing the name of the language to D++)

and in the form of a related (and an even better) idea here:
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/2539.html

Would it be possible for someone with authority to decree that some tag was
universally used to refer to "The D Programming Language", and every site about
D could use it and put it in meta tags or whatever... making for easy searching
as only the keywords that describe the compiler error or language feature or
whatever it is that I am searching for will need to be fiddled with to find a
useful site.

I have Googled a few combinations and 'DMDLANG' matches nothing, and so is my
suggestion for an simple, easy to remember & unambiguous search term that only
comes in one form, not a multitude of slight variations!

I'd also like to add my vote for the suggestion outlined in the second post.

chris_h