struct vs class benchmark (was Re: Give struct the status it deserves)

Bruno Medeiros daiphoenixNO at SPAMlycos.com
Sun Apr 2 05:22:35 PDT 2006

Thomas Kuehne wrote:

> Bruno Medeiros schrieb am 2006-04-02:
>> The best
>> that I could find was by looking at the assembly code, and that in the
>> class version a _d_newclass function is called instead of _d_new for the
>> struct version, yet does _d_newclass do more than _d_new other than just
>> initialize the pointers?
>
> have a look at: src/phobos/internal/gc/gc.d
>
> Thomas

AGH... seems the Windows search doesn't search inside *.d files, thus, I
didn't find that before. Way to go Windows :(  Seems I'll have to use
the command line.

--
Bruno Medeiros - CS/E student