Please Include Dynamic class loading and Dynamic class loading

pragma pragma_member at pathlink.com
Tue Apr 4 05:38:36 PDT 2006

In article <e0ssav$2pmc$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Ramakrishna says...

>Hi D-lang Developpers,
>
>I Appreciate your effort in implementing D-language to overcome drawbacks of C
>and C++. But I have some concerns in this,
>
>1.I don't know Why you are not supporting Multiple Inheritance?
>In C++ way of multiple Inheritance is required ans it is programmer to use also.

While I cannot speak for the exact design decisions behind not supporting MI, I
can say that everyone is getting along very well without it.  IMO, there are
exceedingly few cases where MI actually solves a problem without needlessly
complicating things for developers.

D has an amazing feature that functions well as a workaround: mixins.  Combining
mixins with interfaces will give you most of what you crave from MI, without any
of the "what overrides what" issues that C++'s MI implementation gives you. :)

>2.Dynamic class loading is required. Please Include this in your D-language.

The DDL project over on dsource (www.dsource.org/projects/ddl) is moving
steadily toward this goal.  The intermediate goals of dynamic loading and
linking, in a cross-platform manner, are nearly complete which will set the
stage nicely for dynamic class loading and true reflection. I have prepared a
little more information on things over on the project page itself, so please
drop in and take a look.

>I wish this D-language will get more popularity and Wide area of applicable.
>I wish you all Success, Good luck...

Thank you.  Please consider helping us out with making D a success.  There are
many active projects over on dsource.org that are always in need of testers and
contributors.  The scene here is pretty friendly - just ask to help!

- EricAnderton at yahoo