not operator operator..

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Apr 4 06:57:18 PDT 2006

S. Chancellor wrote:

> I didn't say I wanted to program in AppleScript. :P  I hate mixing
> symbols and words.  This is terrible.  I'd rather redefine all the equal
> set and comparison operators.  The whole point of the is-operator is
> equivalence, unfortunately there's no triple bar symbol.

Sure there is. ≡ in Unicode (\u2261), or === in plain ASCII.
It's just that it was removed from the language in DMD 0.126 ?

But I don't really see the point of bringing the old thread up ?
It's even more futile than the whole "Boolean wars" thing was...

If you don't like !is, then !do use it ? I don't think it'll change.
It's just a kludge to fill a place for the "TOKnotidentity" token.

*I* hate the ireal and creal types, but those are staying as well...
Is it important enough to choose another language for ? Not to me.

Then again I cheated, by just going back to the bad old C syntax.
Just like you, I don't think I would have liked the "!is" either.
--anders

PS. My own suggestion was ~is, which works the same as ~this does.
     Was slightly more readable, but still a bit hard on the brain.