readLine

Justin C Calvarese technocrat7 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 19:05:19 PDT 2006

nilesr at rodsnet.com wrote:
> I am new to D and have been reading documentation. I had a couple question about
> the readLine function. After looking through some of the archive posts I had
> seen there were some performance issues using this function, have those been
> corrected in the current version?
> If not does anyone have any suggestion on how to parse a large file by line, or
> better yet with specific character rather than just \n? This is for part of a
> larger project I am looking to use D for or I would use perl or something to do
> it.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

I have a vague memory of the problem in std.stream that you've
described, and I think it was fixed quite a while ago.

But if you're looking for more horsepower than what std.stream provides
you might check out the mango.io package in Mango
(http://www.dsource.org/projects/mango). I haven't tried Mango myself,
but many people swear by it.

--
jcc7