Probabilistic search - psearch.tar.gz

sundaresh sundaresh_member at pathlink.com
Wed Apr 5 00:09:07 PDT 2006

I believe that I have replied to this already. My first suspisions was with
comparisons, but there is nothing wrong with it. Comparisons is updated prior
to call to the base case psearch, so why should it be updated again during the
base case, since in the base case, no recursive call to psearch is being made.
Doing so might actually result in 256 or so as you claim, but that would be
introducing a bug and not eliminating it. Sorry, these arguments have only
served to convince me even further of the correctness and workability
of this algorithm.

In article <e0uug0$2mq8$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, kwilson at nowhere.com says...