Getting the string representing the enum value ~ Proposal

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeirosATgmail at SPAM.com
Wed Apr 5 04:27:41 PDT 2006

kris wrote:

> Typeinfo also has a bit of a problem with verbosity: I currently have to
> opine "typeid(typeof(MyVarName))" to the compiler, just to get TypeInfo.
> This starts to look like C++ <g>

It also feels to me as bit of unnecessary verbosity. I think typeid
should work with variables as parameters too, such that:
   typeid(somevar) == typeid(typeof(somevar))

> BTW: it's a nice change to see the English spelling of Colour :)

The "English" spelling? You mean British... or is American not English? :P

--
Bruno Medeiros - CS/E student