not operator operator..

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Wed Apr 5 10:53:52 PDT 2006

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FeatureRequestList/UnicodeOperators

>>> (Somehow these things are always treated as replacements, not add-ons)
>>>

>> Not everyone supports unicode very well. What happens when I try looking
>> at your source code and I see funny boxes or question marks.. it'd be
>> fine in string literals, but if it's part of the program flow, I'd be
>> lost.
>
> Isn't that point defeated by the fact that we have Unicode identifiers?

Not really, as you currently know that identifiers can be Unicode, but not
the operators. I agree that Unicode identifiers can be difficult to read if
some of the characters are missing in the font, but at least you'd still
know which operations were performed on them.