Make imports private by default

kris foo at bar.com
Fri Apr 14 12:33:48 PDT 2006

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
> kris wrote:
>

>>Either way, let's not lose sight of the rather obvious question-mark:
>>would private imports resolve the symbol/namespace collisions? In my
>>humble experience with D, it does not.
>

> But then we could at least label it as a bug with certainty.

heheh :)

You can do that today by making most imports explicitly private. Mango
is pretty careful about this, where only those things required by ctors
are exposed via public or package. Everything else is private.

History indicates that things labeled as "bugs" within this realm are
simply renamed as "features" :)