Linking in advapi32.lib and netlib32.lib

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 11:03:54 PDT 2006

Hi, me again.

I was having a poke around phobos to see if there was anything that
needed filling out, and found that expandTilde was missing a Windows
implementation.

After a little trawling through MSDN, I've worked out what to do, but I
can't for the life of me get the damn code to link.

I know I need to link to advapi32.lib and netlib32.lib.  If I link to
advapi32.lib, I then get "Error: A dynamic link library (DLL)
initialization routine failed.".  Oddly enough, it compiled without
specifying netlib32.lib; when I do specify it, it can't find it.

Now, I'm assuming that the problem with advapi32.lib is that it's on
COFF and not OMF (I can't actually remember where that copy of
advapi32.lib came from >_<).  I've seen lots of references to
coff2omf.exe, but the only one I can find costs $15 from DM.

So:

1.  Is there a free tool to get dmd-compatible versions of advapi32.lib,
netlib32.lib, (insert other win32 system libraries), or am I going to
have to use std.loader?

2.  Is there anywhere I can download OMF versions of those libraries?

P.S.  I just checked the Win32 api project, and they don't have lm.h
converted (for stuff in netlib32), and no .lib files :(

If I can get this working, I'll donate the windows implementation of
expandTilde (if Walter wants it, of course :).

	-- Daniel "why you no linky, damnit?"

--

v1sw5+8Yhw5ln4+5pr6OFma8u6+7Lw4Tm6+7l6+7D
a2Xs3MSr2e4/6+7t4TNSMb6HTOp5en5g6RAHCP    http://hackerkey.com/