A better language

renox renosky at free.fr
Mon Apr 17 08:50:01 PDT 2006

NN wrote:
[cut]
> 2.
> Make all postfix:

One thing which could be made postfix is pointers instead of having
*p=5; using p@=5; would be better: no need to use parenthesis to
distinguish between *(f()) and (*f)(), it becomes f()@ and f@() .

And no need to have the C shortcut pst->field, it just becomes pst at .field

Having postfix pointer dereferencing is better IMHO, what I'm not sure
is if postfix is better for getting the address of an object, that is
replacing p = &x ; by p = x.get_address; here I'm not sure that there is
a real advantage.

I would add one point: replace C like type declaration (which sucks a
lot) by Pascal like type declaration.
Pacal like type declaration still sucked because it was too verbose: C
terseness with Pascal like variable declaration would be ideal IMHO.

Something looking like: x: @[10]->int; (the variable x is a pointer to
an array of 10 int) but I've not yet thought enough about it.

Regards,
Renox