syntax idea: simplifed ifs

Fredrik Olsson peylow at treyst.se
Tue Apr 18 04:46:03 PDT 2006

Hasan Aljudy skrev:
> dennis luehring wrote:
<SNIP>
> I've always wanted something like this!!!! but I think the proposed
> syntax might not fit very well with the D grammar.

This problem domain and and then some is easily solved with sets, as I
have proposed at many occasions in the past :).

As arrays are supersets of sets (Array is an ordered set), my proposals
works nicely with the array suggestions in this thread as well.

The proposal is to steal the functionality as is from Pascal, no need to
invent something new, when others already have done it, and put it to
three decades of testing.

Only some more fancy C/D like syntax is needed.

// Fredrik Olsson