Linking in advapi32.lib and netlib32.lib

John C johnch_atms at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 18 09:29:56 PDT 2006

Daniel Keep wrote:
> # extern(Windows)
> # int
> # GetUserNameW(
> # 	wchar* lpBuffer,
> # 	uint* nSize
> # )
>
> I'm using XP, so I'm fairly sure GetUserNameW should be there (well,
> it's there in advapi32.dll -- dependency walker says so).

Yes, GetUserNameW is from advapi32. The error message you're getting
usually means Windows can't find the DLL.

What error code do you get if you call LoadLibrary("advapi32.dll")? If
it returns 0, then there's something else wrong. Is the original lib
file from the Platform SDK? Or did you get it by other means? I think
coffimplib only works on the Microsoft lib files.