A new lame UI toolkit for D

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 14:26:29 PDT 2006

Roberto Alsina wrote:
> In article <e22g67$2hkq$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Stewart Gordon says...
>> Roberto Alsina wrote:
>>> Hello, I am a newbie with D,
>> <snip>
>>
>> And a newbie with newsgroups as well I see.
>
> Oh, sure. I wrote a goddamn newsreader in 1997, though.
>
> I just had never used this web interface. But what the heck. I had forgotten
> how usenet was. Thanks for reminding me, oh annoying guy.
>
> I shouldn't have posted this message, but really... you just pissed me off.

I'm not sure why Stewart suddenly felt obligated to post this.  This
isn't Usenet.  I saw no problems with your postings.

It's strange to watch how people start making decisions about how the
newsgroup is to be run (for the most part, I haven't seen much of that
here over the years: people have been quite relaxed about the thing).
This newsgroup has no moderation or authority to control it, as far as I
see beyond the responses of the community itself.  Not to say that it
doesn't need such control, but that authority hasn't been given to
anybody here in particular, let alone Stewart.  So I suggest you not
worry about his post until some official word states that he is given a
special moderation task for this newsgroup (or the members start backing
up his request).

Sorry Stewart, I don't want to annoy you, but you seem overly officious
here.  You come across just as abrasive and abrupt as you might have
accused Matthew of some time ago.

I guess some people like taking things into their own hands if they
think they see the need.  I just don't understand that in this case.

-JJR