What's the problem of D...,D will be dead?

Wolfgang Draxinger wdraxinger at darkstargames.de
Tue Apr 18 16:40:41 PDT 2006

Jari-Matti Mäkelä wrote:

> Unless you're a commercial compiler writer it should definitely
> be better for you to use a GPL'ed compiler. Well, at least I
> don't like potential hidden back door features of closed source
> compilers.

If my own creation does not use code of any GPL software
(eventually compilers) I'm allowed to compile my commercially
sold, closed source, expensively sold compiler collection with
it and distribute in this way without violating the GPL. The GPL
states clearly, that if GPL software is just used as a tool, and
not as a "blueprint" the results are unaffected of the GPL.

--
Wolfgang Draxinger