A new lame UI toolkit for D

Jari-Matti Mäkelä jmjmak at utu.fi.invalid
Tue Apr 18 17:54:54 PDT 2006

John Reimer wrote:

> I'm not sure why Stewart suddenly felt obligated to post this.  This
> isn't Usenet.  I saw no problems with your postings.
>
> It's strange to watch how people start making decisions about how the
> newsgroup is to be run (for the most part, I haven't seen much of that
> here over the years: people have been quite relaxed about the thing).
> This newsgroup has no moderation or authority to control it, as far as I
> see beyond the responses of the community itself.  Not to say that it
> doesn't need such control, but that authority hasn't been given to
> anybody here in particular, let alone Stewart.  So I suggest you not
> worry about his post until some official word states that he is given a
> special moderation task for this newsgroup (or the members start backing
> up his request).

Perhaps you're more right than Stewart. We don't need strict moderation
here, but still multiposting is something you probably want to avoid.
It's a bit annoying to read exactly same comments from different persons
on both .D and .D.announce. This simply wastes the potential power of
the community and makes it slower to develop D.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Jari-Matti