What's the problem of D...,D will be dead?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Apr 19 02:37:37 PDT 2006

Boris Wang wrote:

> I think that, without opensouce, some hackers can't take part in this game;
> without opensouce, a little company can't make D success, and
> without opensouce, D community can't be stronger

GDC *is* open source (GPL license), so feel free to hack away there...

The current release (GDC 0.17) corresponds to DMD 0.140, so it needs
some updating to catch up with all the latest Digital Mars features ?

Or you could still just *use* the D language to write some code, without
taking part in the language development ? Both aspects needs assistance.

For instance, there are plenty of D projects at dsource and sourceforge.

--anders