A new lame UI toolkit for D

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 20 03:55:30 PDT 2006

Chris Nicholson-Sauls wrote:
<snip>
> There's the problem right there: the evil web interface.

The web interface was certainly capable of crossposting on 22 March this
year.  Presumably by typing a comma-separated list of newsgroups to post
to, just like in most newsreaders.

But you have a point insofar as people who use the web interface might
not realise/remember that they are posting to Usenet-like newsgroups,
and as such that the option of crossposting is available.  Well pointed
out.  I'm still used to posts made from that interface being addressed
from *_member at pathlink.com addresses.

> General concensus is that it really isn't useful for participating.  It has its
> uses for archival purposes, and that's about it.

It's useful for when you're away from the computer on which you usually
access newsgroups.  But indeed, it isn't really useful for regular
participation.

Stewart.