physical units checked at compile time (yet lacking IFTI capabilities)

Dan Dan_member at pathlink.com
Mon Apr 24 07:43:39 PDT 2006

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I tend to think the units should be
under a namespace other than the global one.

I also think the unit.d should most definitely be inlined because the few dude
already wrote are a drop in the bucket compared to the full barrage of units
that we use.  There will be *alot* of code in that file that will be useless in
any given program.

Uncompiled code size doesn't matter for anything other than the amount of time
spent compiling (and scrolling).  Templates aren't needed, they just make code
more legible.

Well anyways, I'm glad it's being figured out.  I do wish it was part of phobos
though because where there are numbers, there are usually units.  Most of the
time the Powers That Be(tm) care that we don't mistake our meters for our feet.
A good unit conversion table is an important asset to have around.

Well.. thanks!