Integrate rdmd into compiler?

Dave Dave_member at pathlink.com
Mon Apr 24 17:10:25 PDT 2006

The DMD distro. comes with 'rdmd' which extends the idea of running
'she-bang' sh scripts by caching the executable and also allowing
compiler flags in the interpreter command-line (like #!/usr/bin/rdmd -O
-version=foo).

I find these two things pretty useful...

Assuming this would be pretty easy to integrate into the compiler itself
and Walter wants to, how about it? That way we could just use g/dmd for
'scripts' too.

Opinions?

Thanks,

- Dave

P.S.: Attached is the source code - the things I think need critical
judgement would be a big holes, non-POSIX like non-standard cache path,
and not recompiling an exe when it should be (source or switch change).