DSource

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Tue Apr 25 01:33:40 PDT 2006

Kyle Furlong wrote:

> Walter Bright wrote:
>> Kyle Furlong wrote:
>>> Okay, so we just got dug, and DSource has been down for more than a
>>> week. Does anyone else see the problem here? People will be turning
>>> away as I write this because the main repository of open source
>>> development in D has a "FATAL: connection limit exceeded for
>>> non-superusers" message on the front page.
>>>
>>> While I appreciate the work done to create and maintain dsource.org, a
>>> week is not acceptable. I would be happy to help in any capacity to
>>> get even a mirror up asap.
>>
>> digitalmars.com saw roughly a 6 fold increase in traffic yesterday.
>
> Thats exciting, but what does that have to do with the fact that dsource
> has been down for much longer than just yesterday? It would have been
> nice to have some of that increased traffic funneled to a working
> dsource. What we got is in essence a PR disaster.

The problems Dsource is having is not really traffic related (although high
traffic don't help), it is a technical problem in Trac wherein it don't
release it's db connections the way it should. You might help resolve the
problem by finding out where in the Trac/Python code the problem is, I know
Brad would be very happy to find it.