Accessing template parameters from outside?

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 06:49:03 PDT 2006

Oskar Linde wrote:
> Norbert Nemec skrev:
> [snip]
>
> More often, I think one would have more use of checking that a certain
> type has certain properties rather than specializing for a specific
> template. I.e:
>
> [snip]
>
> /Oskar

What about my Python bindings that I'm trying to write?  In that case, I
*need* to know the exact type in order to build things like argument
unpacking calls.

I ran into this almost exact same problem trying to determine the types
of the arguments in function pointers.  After trying for several days, I
just assume that it can't be done.

I don't really want to add any further burden on Walter for 1.0, but is
there any chance we'll see either multiple type inference (say, (Ta,Tb)
: Ta function(Tb)), or be able to pass in wildcards to the templates
(like Ta : Ta function(AnyType))?

	-- Daniel

--

v1sw5+8Yhw5ln4+5pr6OFma8u6+7Lw4Tm6+7l6+7D
a2Xs3MSr2e4/6+7t4TNSMb6HTOp5en5g6RAHCP    http://hackerkey.com/