what's the must-fixed-problem, or must-has-feature, before 1.0 ? please make your point

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Apr 26 03:02:19 PDT 2006

Boris Wang wrote:
> (nothing)

Here are some Wiki4D community pages with ideas:
http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?PendingPeeves
http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?HelpDProgress

And here are some old posts about this frequently asked question:

"Time to release 1.0" - Feb 2006
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/33066.html

"What is NEEDED by 1.0??" - Mar 2006
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/34743.html

"DMD v1.0 (again)" - Mar 2006
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/35631.html

There's also all the D bugs, at http://d.puremagic.com/bugzilla/

I guess knowing *when* makes it easier to discuss the *what*...

Like, will it be another 5 years so that it can be made "perfect",
or is it more like weeks or months and just the urgent bugfixing ?

Personally, I'm a little worried because GDC has dragged behind.
(I would like GDC to be in synch with DMD, before such decisions)

But I guess that's more of a question for the D.gnu newsgroup...

--anders