Maximum array size

Ivan Kazmenko gassa at mail.ru
Wed Apr 26 11:18:57 PDT 2006

jcc7:
>>Besides, having such an undocumented feature as a 16M limit on an array length
>>is IMHO no good and deserves at least an explanation by someone familiar with
>>the dmd code.
>Are you sure it's undocumented?
>
>See http://www.digitalmars.com/d/arrays.html, "Static Arrays" section
>
>"The total size of a static array cannot exceed 16Mb. A dynamic array should be
>used instead for such large arrays."
Thanks for pointing that out! The document I used is "spec_DMD_0.109.pdf", it's
outdated and does not seem to contain that limit; where could I find a more
up-to-date specification? The site docs don't build up to a complete
specification, do they?

Still, a question remains: what's the reason for such a limit?

Ivan Kazmenko.