D: A language without focus

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Wed Apr 26 23:12:54 PDT 2006

Probably the biggest problem you mentioned is the documentation.
Fortunately, though, we now have Ddoc. I've been converting more of the
older documentation files over to Ddoc format, and discovered what I
expected: every one of the module documentation files either:

1) did not mention some of the functions

2) documented functions that did not exist

3) had documentation at odds with the code comments for the same function

Ddoc, while not terribly sophisticated, is good enough to use, and it
offers an enormous step forward in making it easy to write and keep up
to date the documentation. It easily cuts the work in half, maybe more,
and it certainly makes it easy to enforce a common look & feel to the
documentation.

Anyhow, I hear you. I welcome your help in any way you feel you can best
contribute.