Error: Internal error: ..\ztc\gflow.c - Bug?

Regan Heath regan at netwin.co.nz
Thu Apr 27 16:49:23 PDT 2006

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 23:37:03 +0000 (UTC), Alberto Simon
<Alberto_member at pathlink.com> wrote:
> I was translating a project I had written in C# and finally got it
> working in
> debug, when I ran it in release (I'm using VSPluginD for visual studion
> 2005) I
> got this:
>
> Error: Internal error: ..\ztc\gflow.c
>
> My project is rather big, if that matters. BTW Debug version runs with
> no issues
> what so ever. Last version of DMD (downloaded it 3 days ago). It only
> happens if
> I enable -Inline, and I would like it enabled since I use a lot (And I
> mean A
> LOT) of small methods (Macros that come from a C lib). Maybe someone
> would like
> more info?

Yes. Walter would. Post the smallest possible sample that reproduces the
fault to digitalmars.D.bugs.

The easiest way to create the small sample is to copy your project and
start removing things (start with whole files) until the fault goes away,
undo the last step and remove something else, rinse, repeat. Once you have
removed superfluous files start removing code from within the files in the
same manner. Ideally the result is a small code snippet perhaps 20 lines
max which causes the fault. At the very least try to make it easy for
Walter to reproduce your bug, i.e. package everything and include a script
that shows the fault. Remember Walter develops on a windows machine.

Regan.