_d_isbaseof(ClassInfo oc, ClassInfo c)

Yassin Yassin_member at pathlink.com
Fri Apr 28 04:44:42 PDT 2006

Hi,

Actually i'm developping a small kernel in C++. and i think using 'D' would be
helpful so i'm seriously thinking to port the C++ code to D (Actually i've
implemented Interrupt/Exception handling, Slab allocator, Basic virtual mem
manager and a multilevel feedback sheduler).
What i'm looking for actually is:

- enabling langauge features. like string switch cases, dynamic arrays slicing,
runtime type identification
- enabling exception handling to integrate with  cpu exceptions.
- explicit memory management (possibly enabling gc in the user space)

my question is related to the Runtime helper functions used by the compiler to
implement those features ? i've looked at the ABI but the section is marked To
be Done. i've also started learning some phobos code especially the 'internal'
module (i guess this contains functions used by the compiler). but if anyone can
guide me it will be helpful (excuse my bad english).

i dont intend to use the entire phobos library (may be later)just the features i
need in the kernel code.