Doing kernel with D

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Fri Apr 28 09:21:29 PDT 2006

Yassin wrote:

> i dont intend to use the entire phobos library (may be later)just the features i
> need in the kernel code.

At the risk of being pedantic, you may want to check out Ares:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/ares

It may be a better starting point if you don't intend to use much Phobos
code or if you think you may need to modify the internals for some
reason.  However, I should qualify this by saying that it hasn't been
well tested on Linux yet and GDC support is waiting on the next GDC
release.  Finally, I suspect the Linux library in the current release
may have link problems (someone mentioned this recently), but I will
address this in the next release which will be in the next day or two
(to match DMD 155).

Sean