Where the schedule of D development?

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Fri Apr 28 13:27:07 PDT 2006

ElfQT wrote:
> Unfortunately, I've never heard Walter on this topic, is this task a hard one,
> or where the problem lies (I've heard codeview isn't a nice format, and the new
> MS "pdb" format is kind of MS internal), or is there a way to contribute to
> this..., is it planned after all ...
> only different deflective opinions form the D community.

The Windows dmd compiler does emit symbolic debug info in Codeview 4
format. Unfortunately, Microsoft appears to have dropped support for it
in its current debuggers. So, I have included starting with 0.155 the
old windbg debugger, which does support it.

On Linux, only symbols and line number info is generated, mainly because
I haven't figured out the dwarf debug symbol format yet.