D: A language without focus

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 23:25:06 PDT 2006

clayasaurus wrote:

<snip>

>> Second, you have poor documentation, and
>> what documentation you do have is either written tersely, poorly, or
>> scattered
>> to hell-and-gone.
>
> I've never had a problem with it, but maybe I'm just a newbie. Care to
> give specifics?

I just want to point out that Clay is a long time D devotee and has been
a loyal follower and contributer for a fair amount of time in the D
community (years now?).  He's actually being extremely modest here to
call himself a "newbie."  I was surprised that he still considers
himself that at this point in the game because he just lowered my own
level to uber-newbie by labeling himself such... :)

I already respect this young fellow as one of the foundations of the D
community.  He's industrious and committed and has contributed much in
the form of bug reports, projects, and help in this newsgroup and on
dsource.org forums.

I don't take his words lightly. In demonstration of non-typical youthful
exuberance :), Clay channels his energy into setting an example of
discreetly offering his opinion and respectfully answering posts.  He's
a careful and moderate poster: I don't recall him ever plaster-posting
loads of grating pontifications as is the tendency of some.

Tip of the hat to you, Clay. Keep up the good work! :)

-JJR