Where the schedule of D development?

Knud Sørensen 12tkvvb02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Apr 29 03:25:03 PDT 2006

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 05:35:26 +0000, Alberto Simon wrote:

> In article <e2u6bf$10o6$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Gabe McArthur says...

>>I agree: http://www.gnu-d.org
>>Let's get started.
>>

> It seems like you are determined to make this happen. But to prevent this from
> fading away this needs leaders, someone or a few person to organize this thing
> (the page is a nice idea BTW) into something concrete. In order to make it
> happen this needs a roadmap and goals and everything. So, where are the
> volunteers?

I will suggest that we organise this in a bottom up organisation structure.

The organisation should be divided into project groups.
Then volunteers should join the project groups they like to
develop for.

Then each group should have a leader and a group member
should be able to challenge the group leader for the leader post.

When the leader is challenges the whole group vote for which of the
two should be the next leader.

In this way the group can fast replace a inactive group leader
such that the project can continue with maximal momentum.

Then in similar way should the group leaders chose a leader
for the whole gnu-d project.