To Walter, about char[] initialization by FF

Andrew Fedoniouk news at terrainformatica.com
Tue Aug 1 00:52:59 PDT 2006

"John Reimer" <terminal.node at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:op.tdlccd0b6gr7xp at epsilon-alpha...
> On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 20:46:53 -0700, Andrew Fedoniouk
> <news at terrainformatica.com> wrote:
>

>> (* dbuild does not sound good in russian - very close to idiot in medical
>> meaning
>> consider builDer/buildDer/creaDor for example - with red D in the
>> iddle  -
>> stylish at least)
>>
>> Andrew.
>>

> Really, Andrew, you are getting carried away in your demands.  You almost
> sound self-centered :).  dbuild is not made for Russians only.  Almost any
> English word conceived for a name might just have some sort of bad
> connotation in any one of the thousands of languages in this world.  Why
> should anyone feel obligated to accomodate your culture here?  I know
> Russians tend to be quite proud of their heritage, which is fine... but
> really, you are being quite silly to make these demands here.
>
> That aside... my personal, self-centered feeling is that the name "bud" is
> quite adequate. :D

:D

BTW:  debilita [lat.] as a word with many variations is used in
almost all laguages directly derived from latin.

You can say d'buil' on streets of say Munich and they will undersatnd you.
Trust me , free beer will be yours.

So it is far from russian-centric :-P

Andrew.