COW vs. in-place.

Andrei Khropov andkhropov at nospam_mtu-net.ru
Tue Aug 1 13:18:13 PDT 2006

Dawid Ciężarkiewicz wrote:

> I'd rather wait till const/immutability in D problem will be resolved. Don't
> forget that additional "option" is runtime cost. There are some
> propositions of const/immutability that could help providing compile time
> information to deal with your proposition.

I agree. Adding additional parameter doesn't seem to be a good idea and also
raises the question whether the default behavior will be to copy or not and
also introduces possibility of subtle errors when passing the flag was
mistakenly omitted.

--
AKhropov