64 bit compilers

Jan Knepper jan at smartsoft.us
Sat Aug 12 08:30:36 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> Jan Knepper wrote:
>> Walter...
>>
>> Any word on a 64 bits version of the C++/D compilers?
>
> Not much has been happening in that direction.

There are more and more AMD Athlon's, Opteron's and Turions being sold.
M$ VS 8 (2005) does include a 64 bits compiler. Would be nice to compile
the same code with DM C++ ;-)

Not pushing, but I do expect the 64 bits computer world to be here
faster than we expect.

Unfortunately the move to 64 bits is what killed the WWW newsgroup
stuff. One of the few 32 bits things that up to now does not run on 64
bits architecture.

Jan

--
ManiaC++
Jan Knepper

But as for me and my household, we shall use Mozilla...
www.mozilla.org