[Off Topic] Any "web applicaiton developers" out there?

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Sat Aug 12 22:12:25 PDT 2006

There's good and bad on both fronts.  I know many of the clients we have
are interested in stand-alone desktop programs.  Just not a priority, or
our bids are too high.  I think the first one.

As to offshoring; this does happen.  In fact, the company I work for
employs many programmers in SK (of all places.)  I've talked to a lot of
very good programmers who were of various nationalities.

In the end, the Internet is simply making it so it doesn't matter where
you are.  Just how good you are.  If you're good, they'll pay, because
you're closer and more accessible.  People like to see you in person,
talk to you, etc.

But, anyway, that's a concern for systems programming as well.

-[Unknown]