[OT] Auto code reformating / one coding style enforcment.

Dawid Ciężarkiewicz dawid.ciezarkiewicz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 03:45:30 PDT 2006

Ben Gardner wrote:

> Frank Benoit wrote:
>> What I really miss, is a D indent tool that really works. I spent some
>> time on the dparser and even had some success with indenting code, but I
>> didn't continue.
>
> Uncrustify supports the D language.
>
> You may want to check it out.
> http://uncrustify.sourceforge.net/

Oh. Thanks for the link. :)

P.S.
/me is dreaming about kind of public agreement:

"We - the D users - when coding in D will always reformat it using style
described: <a href="somelink">here</a> even when we personally think it's
not perfect/best/favorite style and will be strongly advicing anybody who
codes in D to do so as well."

However I have a doubts that such group effort could succeed in language
with C-like syntax. Too many people coming from different places with
different habits.

Even phobos sources have mixed space/tabs indentation (mixed in single
file!) ... sad.