[OT] Auto code reformating / one coding style enforcment.

Mon Aug 14 06:33:45 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> Unknown W. Brackets wrote:
>> Uh-huh, sure.
>>
>> You're usually right, but I don't like having to hit backspace four
>> times or 1 time alternatively based on my indentation level.  That's
>> just bizarre.  I've never seen someone mix tabs like that before...
>>
>> Why do you prefer it, if I may ask?
>>
>> -[Unknown]
>>

>>> It works just fine when you set tabs to be 8 characters, as god
>>> intended them to be.
>

> Because it isn't screwed up when you type it to the screen or the printer.

Might I suggest it also isn't screwed up if you're consistent in using
either X spaces or one tab consistently to represent a level of
indentation? :) (At least, that takes one possible way of screwing it up
out of the equation)

Oh, and if you prefer 8-space indentation, I'd like to suggest you use
hard tabs (consistently!) so others can easily view it at 4 spaces (or
whatever their personal preference may be).