[OT] Auto code reformating / one coding style enforcment.

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Mon Aug 14 07:18:03 PDT 2006

In my code, I use hard tabs for everything and set my tab-width to 4 spaces.

I've never had trouble with printing code (something I do less often
than have birthdays, mind you) nor any text editor displaying my code
weirdly.

Some people hate hard tabs, because they just have to line things up
after a non-tab character with tabs.  I think this is a Bad Thing (TM),
but if you have to do it, I understand using spaces.

But I've never seen a case where a program would misbehave if the tab
width was not set to 8.... I just can't wrap my head around the benefit
of using both tabs *and* spaces.

-[Unknown]