[OT] Auto code reformating / one coding style enforcment.

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Mon Aug 14 10:19:32 PDT 2006

Derek Parnell wrote:
>> Because it isn't screwed up when you type it to the screen or the printer.
>
> LOL ... you *so* locked into the past its almost sad.

I run the latest operating systems, have a modern HP laserprinter, etc.
And what do they do? 8 column tabs. Do you know that the latest HTML
browsers default to 8 column tabs for <pre> sections? I run the latest
Thunderbird email system, and what does it do for text? 8 column tabs.

Using any other setting is like declaring that your inches are really
1.82 centimeters long.