[OT] Auto code reformating / one coding style enforcment.

Mon Aug 14 12:49:23 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> Frits van Bommel wrote:
>> Oh, and if you prefer 8-space indentation, I'd like to suggest you use
>> hard tabs (consistently!) so others can easily view it at 4 spaces (or
>> whatever their personal preference may be).
>
> My screen ain't wide enough for that.

I don't see how using a consistent coding for indentation takes up any
more screen space. Note though: I said "if you prefer 8-space
indentation", which might have been a wrong assumption. I haven't
checked in Phobos.
If you're using 8-space hard tabs + spaces to represent 4 spaces per
indentation level or something like that then you're just being silly.

Just don't mix tabs and spaces for indentation. That's the most
important thing.