[OT] Auto code reformating / one coding style enforcment.

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Mon Aug 14 17:46:01 PDT 2006

Derek Parnell wrote:
> Secondly, I too use such equipment and software and I don't have any issue
> with using hard-tabs, because I don't use tabs.

That is a workable solution, but I like using tabs. They make me more
productive at the keyboard.

The real problem is the folks who set their *hard* tab stops at
something other than 8. This is just a mistake. There's no problem in a
decent editor to set the *soft* tab stops to 3, or whatever. Just not
the hard ones.