LONG_MAX in D

Luís Marques luismarques+spam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 16:49:56 PDT 2006

nobody wrote:
>   long val;
>   long.max // works
>   val.max  // also works

LONG_MAX is "Maximal value which can be stored in a long int variable"
(in C) and differs with platforms (e.g. 32 bit, 64 bit).

long.max is fixed for a 64-bit integer.

> Also wanted to suggest that D.learn might be a more responsive place to
> ask this sort of question. This NG seems to be more meta-D than
> anything-D (while both happen). You will want to come back here to see
> the next mega wave of discussion about getting import to work, whether
> consts are good or evil, how auto should work and pretty much anything
> related to the way classes are implemented.

Perhaps you are right, but I felt that this isn't a question about
learning the language itself and that D.learn might not be the best
resource. What are the boundaries?

Luís