Newbie comments about D

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 14:26:57 PDT 2006

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:06:15 -0700, Kristian <kjkilpi at gmail.com> wrote:

> By the way, I am a bit disappointed ;) that nobody commented the
> "disappearing overloads/constructors" problem I wrote earlier. Nobody
> said "don't worry, these issues will be fixed in future"... *grin*

That's because Walter has purposefully chosen to model D after C++ in this
regard (and in many others). To him, it's a feature. Although, in the
past, I know I've complained that having to alias everything forward feels
hackish and annoying.

Over the last while, I've just learned to live with it. :P

-JJR