Newbie comments about D

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 15:58:32 PDT 2006

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:40:29 -0700, Lars Ivar Igesund
<larsivar at igesund.net> wrote:

> John Reimer wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:06:15 -0700, Kristian <kjkilpi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> By the way, I am a bit disappointed ;) that nobody commented the
>>> "disappearing overloads/constructors" problem I wrote earlier. Nobody
>>> said "don't worry, these issues will be fixed in future"... *grin*
>>

>> That's because Walter has purposefully chosen to model D after C++ in
>> this
>> regard (and in many others). To him, it's a feature. Although, in the
>> past, I know I've complained that having to alias everything forward
>> feels
>> hackish and annoying.
>>
>> Over the last while, I've just learned to live with it. :P
>>
>> -JJR
>
> True, although what Walter have said in the past, is that it is _not_
> considered a problem in the C++ world.

Yes, that appears to be true.  I'm not knowlegdable enough in that regard
to know if being able to do that is a good or bad thing or whether
C++ people just accept the way things work because they are used to it.  I
believe Java works differently in this regard, no?

-JJR