Lazy eval -- an example issue

kris foo at bar.com
Tue Aug 22 20:37:57 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> kris wrote:
>
>> Can't do that; the char[] version have to stay.
>

> Why?

Further, I had to remove the very useful delegate() overload that was
added using dmd164, since dmd165 just had a fit about ambiguous
arguments. So much for backward compatability :/

I don't know where you get your claim about people not willing to use
"{}" but, judging by the response around here, it has no truth behind it
whatsoever. Perhaps you'll honour us with some background on that?

I remember when you asked folks here if it would be ok to change the
cast() syntax way back when, to remove that minor ambiguity. Now you're
using a suspect and pithy "{}" assertion to deliberately break what is
otherwise an unambiguous syntax. And you don't ask or care whether
anyone would actually mind the ensuing chaos. Whatever you've been
smoking, Walter, I'd like to try some of it ~ please pass it around

Cheers;