Suggestion: class object init value change & new compiler warning message

Kristian kjkilpi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 08:06:01 PDT 2006

xs0 and Chad had good points earlier in this thread. In short, they
convinced me that the current D style to init class objects to null is a
better way than the one I proposed.

Though I am surprised that a Java compiler gets the "variable being used
without initialization" warnings wrong so often... With a C++ compiler
there has been no incorrect warnings (missing warnings, yes). But objects
are not reference variables in C++, so it must be it.

I came up with another suggestion concerning this issue. It can be read
under "Suggestion: shortcut for 'new X'".