BOBEF has made some efforts, (not sure)

bobef be at lessequal_dontspam.com
Mon Dec 4 11:07:14 PST 2006

Yes, but I haven't translated the XPCOM headers (*COM sucks in my
opinion) so with what I've done you basically create a window or
windowless plugin (windowless is not tested) and you do whatever you
like with it in D. You have some degree of control over the browser,
some events notifications - the plugin API is wrapped. Me personally
wanted to create a MPlayer plugin and move my player to XUL to make it
cross platform, but I gave up because of all these XPCOM interfaces are
hell. But it worked - I got a working movie inside the browser and I was
able to call D from javascript and vice versa...