Forum

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 4 13:51:08 PST 2006

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Walter Bright wrote:

> Mike Capp wrote:
> > It ought to be possible to get Google to publish this group through Groups -
> > it's
> > much higher volume than many of the official Usenet groups it covers - but I
> > don't
> > know how you'd go about it.
>
> I've repeatedly submitted it to Google to no avail. On the other hand, being
> ignored by Google also means we are largely ignored by spammers. I frankly
> prefer it that way.

Google does index the archives off my mailing list.  I've setup a search
box that restricts the search to lists.puremagic.com, so it's fairly
narrow:

    http://lists.puremagic.com/

On my todo list for those pages, in no particular order:
  - narrow the search to the appropriate list
  - add the standard 'The D Programming Language' verbage
  - attempt to backfill the data (anyone have all the posts for all the
lists in mbox format?)

Later,
Brad