c++ to d converter or c to d

janderson askme at me.com
Mon Dec 4 22:19:13 PST 2006

Lame question 343242#

Has anyone written a c++ to d converter (I'm not talking about wrapping
a lib, I'm talking about the syntax)?  I'm not volunteering however I
was thinking if it was made easier to convert c++ to d people may be
more likely to switch over.

If not I'm sure it would be a challenge however if it could do 90% of
the work (and perhaps even automatically download the dependent
libraries from a webpage and convert stl over to d's form) people would
be able to say, "hay I converted our project to d on the weekend, its
50% in code size and runs just as fast, why don't we switch over and
improve our productivity."  Well thats a just a dream, but it would help
I think.

Legacy code is the biggest hurdle in getting D widely accepted.  No-one
is going re-invent years of work.

-Joel