Mango techniques

kris fu at bar.org
Thu Dec 7 18:01:37 PST 2006

bleep wrote:
> Hi.
>
> The Mango project states that it can serve HTML pages without allocating
> memory on the heap all by using slices. Are these techniques documented
> anywhere? A good tutorial on how to parse text without memory allocation would
> be appreciated. A guide to the guts of the Mango server would be nice too.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Walter had suggested doing something like that
before also (for an article) but life has been a bit hectic recently :)

Slices help tremendously, but there's other techniques involved also:
per-thread data, preallocated buffers, loads of caching, and so on. The
design works well for a certain type of workload, but is not ideal for all.

> This been the kind of techniques that separates the D language

I agree. Much easier to do this kind of thing in D